Thursday, October 31, 2013

Mauviel M'Cook 5210.05 5 Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set, Cast Stainless Steel Handle


Nice cookware
I recently bought some Mauviel M'cook pieces, including the 9.5" skillet. They are nice, and more durable than the All-Clad. I had purchased an All-Clad skillet, but when I read the instructions on everything NOT to do (including using a scouring pad, too much high heat, etc.) -- it just seemed rather fragile for the price. I like my cookware to stand up to some sort of abuse, so I returned it and got the Mauviel. Pancakes work great in this skillet, and sauces, oatmeal, custards and pudding don't burn as easily as in my old Revere Ware pots. (However I still use my old Revere Ware 6-qt. pot for soups or boiling water -- I honestly can't see the point of an expensive pot to boil water). Yeah -- Mauviel M'cook is pricey -- but just get a few key pieces. It's worth the money.
Very Well-Made
Nice looking, heavy and heats fast and evenly. You don't need much more out of your pots and pans. Better value than All-$$$$

Will heat stain on the cooking surface.
Extremely Pleased
I have been making do with bargain basement pots and pans my whole life. Buy them at a yard sale or the big box store and then throw them away when they start shedding non-stick surface. I decided to really go all out and buy something that would last me a long time. I knew nothing about Mauviel (I couldn't even pronounce the name properly). I like their copper pots but didn't want to have to keep them polished. So I decided on the new stainless. I love this cookware. It heats evenly, it's easy to clean (it's supposed to be dishwasher safe but I just wash it in the sink). It feels good in my hand. I'm a big guy though so it might be a little heavy for some. It's just a wonderful experience to cook with these pots. I am definitely recommending them to anyone who wants a high quality cookware set. Oh, and nothing gets a five.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment