Do you need this?
I had to ask my self three questions when I purchased this knife. Was it a good deal? Yes, for the amount i paid for it (under $35 shipped, used like new), and the quality of the steel, I would have been happy with almost any sized knife. But do you need a knife this big? Can is possibly be useful? HELL YES!!!! Who doesn't want a freakin' sword! Parsley beware... I even carved a turkey with it once, being in a pinch for a carving knife. It was a bit heavy for the job, but with a long draw and a pretty sharp blade (after some touch-up) it did a neat job of it. Probably wouldn't have bought this product at the list price, so thanks Amazon for the hook-up. Paderno World Cuisine 14 1/8" Chef's Knife with Forged Blade
Heavy, But What Do You Expect?
This knife is wonderful, but if you have weak wrists or do not need 14.125 inches, then I would avoid it. It's a little hard to maneuver, especially on anything but a huge cutting surface. I love the weight, as I do a lot of poultry butchering--it makes things so easy. It wasn't very sharp when it came, but now that I have sharpened it, it holds its edge beautifully (of course, this is coming from someone who finally gave up his 13 inch carbon steel knife, acquired in 1977).
Its almost a sword
This knife is huge, my 10" fit on top of the blade. One things for sure! Your going to need to buy a bigger cutting board. The tip of the blade was not very sharp, had to get out my stones and extra long steel to get a nice edge. "
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments :
Post a Comment