Thursday, October 31, 2013

Gordon Ramsay by Royal Doulton Stainless Steel 3-Quart Saucepan with Lid


Good pot, but nothing spectacular; handle heats up a bit
Bought this from the warehouse because I thought it was a good deal. I also have a few All-Clad LTD2 sauce pots, so that's what I'm going to be doing a comparison with.

Cons:

My food gets stuck to it rather easily, especially around the rivets (handle). My main complaint, however, is that the handle is rather short (about 30% shorter than my All-Clad pots) and thus is susceptible to heating up during boiling of liquids. This is even when it's merely being used to cook oatmeal, so not a long time at all. The lid also heats up quite a bit (much more than the All-Clad lid).

Pros:

The lid fits very tightly with only a minimal amount of steam release. Also, I find that the pot heats up rather evenly, which is a plus because there are no hot spots or areas where the sauce burns. It also came with a neat little cloth bag, which made it seem really high-end. It has a nice, heavy weight.

Overall:

I think the pot is not bad...
Best pans I've ever owned
My husband bought me a full set of these a few years ago. I love them. I bought this one because I often need two 3 qt. saucepans and I only had one. They are quite heavy so they wouldn't work too well for someone who doesn't have a strong grip. They clean up pretty easy and held up well. I expect to use this pan for many years to come.
Not a Gordon Ramsay fan BUT was surpised by the UTILITY of this little Milk Pan = 5 surprising stars
Am not a fan of Gordon Ramsay's but purchased this for mum who insisted she like the pan.

I must say...

LOVE ...
THE CLEAN DESIGN
ROBUST quality

It's sheer simplicity yet great utility
Easy to handle for 1 person cooking or the quick soup.
SO EASY TO CLEAN

If you must get a milk pan - this is pretty much it.

5 stars all the way EXCEPT THE PRICE...WHY IS IT SO EXPENSIVE?

Was hoping this would be passe so we can pick up the rest cheaply... =(
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment