Thursday, October 31, 2013

Calphalon 7 Qt. Digital Slow Cooker


Sleek & well designed...
It was a sad day when my last slow cooker passed on to slow cooker heaven -- he suffered a crack in the insert and was missed. I searched for a while for a replacement, trying to find the features I had grown accustomed to, like a digital display, automatic programming to "warm" setting once finished cooking, and at least 5 quarts since I enjoy cooking (and having leftovers).

The Calphalon 7-Quart Digital Slow Cooker was still very new on the market when I was scouring the web for reviews. One or two sites featured this slow cooker (people who were lucky to get one from Calphalon to review) and I saw their feedback was positive. Despite only seeing very few reviews, I felt with the strong Calphalon reputation and its modern design, this slow cooker would be a good fit -- after a few months of use, I can say it's been a joy to use, easy to clean and seems to heat up very quickly. I've heard newer slow cooker models tend to cook faster, which seems true with this model...
Worth the extra $
I wanted a large crockpot/slow cooker. I did expect this to be larger, my fault on interpreting the size. It is a 7 quart and it will eat about 16# of roast; can't fault it there. (update, I managed to cram that much in there, but. It is a lot easier to cook 9-12# of roast in there. For much larger, suggest you purchase a larger one or look at a 'roaster')

Very nice appearing, not too heavy, solid feeling and the liner is nice. Easy to use even without the instructions, very intuitive.

For the name, I own some of the company's stainless and nonstick cookware, and been very pleased with the performance. I was surprised to find they made small appliances as well.

For the extra $ I paid I am satisfied I got my $$$ worth. This is a good middle sized slow cooker.... I own from one quart warmers to 3 and 4.5 qt to now this one, I still want a very large industrial sized rectangular one (next purchase). My 4.5 quart round is good for some things, but I like...
Reliable, Durable and Convenient
I've owned this cooker for a year now. This cooker cooks things to perfection. Cord storage is convenient and makes it easy to store. I love the quick start setting as it cooks high the first two hours and then low another 4 cooking things to a delicious perfection. The 7QT makes it possible to cook extra large quantities at a time without sacrificing quality. It cleans up easy as well as looks good when left out on the counter with it's stainless steel/black finish. This will be the last slow cooker I buy.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment