Thursday, October 31, 2013

All Clad Electric Griddle


Great so far!
We bought this for Christmas for our daughter and her family. She loves it. The size lets her make enough for the whole family (husband and 3 children). I can attest that pancakes came out perfectly. She has since made several things like french toast and grilled cheese sandwiches. The griddle works great. We are now ordering one for ourselves. She does not like the scraper that comes with it; it seemed to make "marks" on the surface. She uses a plastic spatula instead to scrape stuff off.
Easy to operate; no problem to clean; and helps me to be a better cook.
I love to cook pancakes and eggs at the same time. This one allows you to do that and add more if you want, because it has separate settings for the left and right sides. You can cook something on one side at one temperature and something else on the other side at a higher or lower temperature, which saves time and effort. This griddle is handy to cook on and easy to clean. I've had it for more than a year and if it ever breaks, I'll get another one just like it. I'm not the best cook in the world, but this grill makes it a lot harder to make mistakes.

There is a compartment at the bottom with a little pull handle. You just use their tool, so you don't ruin the surface, and move any left over food, grease, etc., toward the front, where it drops into a little trough, which you then pull out and empty and/or throw in the dishwasher. The splash-guards that surround the grill are also detachable and can be thrown in the dishwasher. They are easy to take off and put back...
Do you really get what you pay for anymore?
I thought this time it would be different. I was wrong. What was I thinking, to spend such a fortune on an electric griddle? Well, I was thinking I'd get a top of the line product, that's what. Unfortunately, what I got was a griddle that looked great and worked perfectly...for about six weeks. Then the knob to turn on the burner simply broke one day and I no longer had a griddle that functioned. Imagine my dismay when I called Amazon and they said the 30-day return policy had expired a mere two weeks earlier. When I was able to chat online with someone and explain my situation they were kind enough to allow me to return it for a refund. However, what that really meant was: 1. I no longer had a griddle, 2. because it was so large and I'd thrown out the box it came in I had to pay $22 for shipping materials(!), and 3. when I recieved confirmation on the refund I'd been charged $48 for a "restocking" fee. So I spent $70 to find out the All Clad griddles are certainly not...
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment