Thursday, October 31, 2013

Weston Pro-2300 Vacuum Sealer


Weston Pro-2300... Excellent Vacuum Sealer
Reading Geeky Geek's post has prompted me to leave a review for the Weston Pro-2300 in the main listing area. With that said, I feel compelled to comment on GeekyGeek's feedback for this product.

This product is NOT cheap chinese-made junk. This is a quality product.... The poster simply broke his doing something that the machine was not designed to do. Foodsaver Sealers are hit or miss, and many tend to fail after moderate use in 2-3 years while others will keep chugging for 10 years or more. This sporadic build quality drove us away from the Food Savers and ultimately led to the selection of the Pro-2300.

GeekyGeek,
Regarding your inability to use other types of plastic sealing bags... I have had no problem using other bag brands with my Pro-2300. But if you buy incredibly cheap bags, they will not work very well (with any sealer).

Furthermore (and more importantly),
Mylar bags are not designed to be vacuum sealed. The User Manual clearly...
How Do I Love Thee! Let Me Count The Ways!!
Weston S/S Vacuum Sealer Pro 2300

Since this baby came into my life I now know what love for a kitchen appliance is all about. I have gradually changed so many things about how I cook, how much I cook and when I cook. Let me count the ways:

I cook larger quantities of foods that will freeze well even when there are only two of us (plus 2 lovely ESS dogs, who always manage to get a taste) so that I have leftovers to freeze. Sealing tip: wrap fresh cooked, after cooled pasta, lasagna, wet meats like ground patties, fish (patties) or anything that is slightly damp that the machine would pull moisture from in plastic wrap first, lay on cookie sheet and freeze and then insert into vacuum bag. This also prevents the need to clean edges of the bag and every bag seals without failure. It also prevents juices from being sucked into the vacuum hole of the machine and possibly damaging it!

I buy in bulk refrigerator and freezer items and vacuum seal...
Fairly Satisfied
On the whole, the product was suitable for my purpose.

However, I found it did not work well with the bags that were made for it (from Vacmesh). It did not completely suck all the air out until the bag was NOT laid flat. Once it is bulky, it works well.

The instruction manual is very basic.

There is no way to alter the duration of suctioning time.

Once I figured it out, I have become satisfied but it left an untidy edge.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment