Now, I'm glad that I couldn't afford an Edlund.
The moment I opened this scale, I was glad that I didn't shell out the $450 for the name-brand industrial scale that I am so used to. Why? Because this is a way way better value.
Though I wanted an all metal body, and the plastic body on this one almost made me not buy it, the construction is fairly solid, and I think it will stand up well to the semi-commercial use it will see in my home kitchen.
Turning it on, it was immediately obvious that it was far more responsive than the Edlund that I'm used to. Though they share the same one gram/0.1 ounce accuracy, the Escali is faster to change, and hits the 5000 gram mark from my calibration weight almost before I put it down.
Then, I lifted the top off the scale. The whole top came off!! This is a MASSIVE improvement over other scales that I have used, since there is one less place that is un-cleanable. For comparison, my previously favored scale, an Edlund DS-10, requires a cleaning regimen that resembles...
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments :
Post a Comment