A Cook's Dream Come True!
I have been drooling over the Lodge Signature series since they were first introduced. I have a cupboard full of Lodge (very well used) and couldn't justify the price - until my son direly needed a grill pan. Sooo - I gave him my Lodge Logic grill pan (a fine pan in it's own right) and treated myself to this beauty.
I am astounded at the beauty, heft and quality of this pan. The pictures don't do it justice. Superbly crafted - in the USA (HOORAY!!!!!), pre-seasoned, with gorgeous, well balanced stainless handles and the date 1896 stamped into the helper handle. The Lodge insignia in stainless is just below the main handle.
Couldn't wait to try it - so off to the store for a treat - fresh cut 1 1/2" thick prime filets. Rinsed this black beauty in hot water, dried it and right on the stove. Fired it up HOT, sprayed it with canola oil and put those bad boy filets, rolled in crushed pepper, in the pan. Meanwhile, I had a batch of Alton Brown's Bakers going in the...
Great product made even better
Lodge is one of the few cookware products still made in the U.S. Their cookware is widely recommended by experts. A standard skillet like this will run in the mid to high $30's, and I've seen plenty of seconds for $15+ at Marshall's, etc. But those handles will get hot and need a holder. This product goes one big one better, since it has the great looking (and design award winning) stainless steel stay-cool handle (note that the long handle will stay cool about 1 1/2"+ away from the skillet, but the short loop will still need a holder). Pre-seasoning helps a lot. I am dissappointed, though, that Amazon is selling this for $107 delivered when there are several other online sources selling it for $10+ or so less, delivered (Chef's Catalog, a vendor here, sells it for $99 with free delivery).
Great for Steaks
This Lodge grill pan is great. It comes pre-seasoned and is very heavy. You will find yourself using both handles to pick it up. It makes good steaks. DO NOT use soap or abrasives when washing this pan - it will ruin the seasoning. I got a Lodge Set of 2 Durable Polycarbonate Pan Scrapers,Red and Black and just wash it in hot water. I also bought the Lodge 12 Inch Tempered Glass Lid and it fits just fine.
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments :
Post a Comment