similar to Gorham Tristan II, very good overall
I had collected and used with pleasure the Tristan II line from Gorham for many years but lost it to my ex-wife. Eager to replace it, I was dismayed to find that it had been discontinued and was now only available from places like replacements.com or ebay for exhorbitant amounts per piece. Desperate, I searched "Gorham" online and found this pattern, which seemed to resemble Tristan closely, so I ordered a set. I find it to be of high quality comparable to Tristan and overall quite satisfactory. Like its predecessor, it feels light yet solid and well-balanced in the hand. It looks simple yet elegant and can be used casually or in more formal settings. My only disappointment is that I discovered, upon receiving the set, that the handle of each piece is upswept in a way that's not visible in a two-dimensional photograph; I don't really care for this curvy little flourish, as I prefer the straighter handles of the Tristan design. Still--I like Column Ii much better than any other pattern...
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments :
Post a Comment