Great, well-made product. Love the tilt function.
I bought this slicer after very extensive comparison. I wanted a slicer with a stronger motor, but was undecided if I really needed the tilt feature. This slicer is very well made. It cuts meats very thin. I thought I would need to buy the optional blade for thin cuts, but the blade it comes with has worked perfectly for me. I have cut up ham and meat roasts. The taste is wonderful, not to mention the cost savings. I also have cut thick steaks (the ones at Costco) thinner to make steak sandwiches. The tilt feature is advertised to gravity feed vegetables. I use if for meat as well because the food falls away from the blade. It is much safer and I can cut a large amout before I need to remove the accumulating pile of cut food. I highly recommend this product. I was also very concerned that cleaning could be so time-consuming that it might cause me to not use the product as often. This is not the case, clean-up is a breeze and can be completed in less than 10 minutes.
Just want I wanted, and expected
Like the other reviewer, I'm very happy with this product. Seems well made... heavy enough to stay put... cleans reasonably easily, slices beautifully, including a block of cheese and warm pastrami nice and thin. Nice and small also, and I wanted a strong product but in a smaller footprint than professional models. I love the tilt, usually use it in tilt mode. By the way, the blade turns much more slowly than I anticipated... but it slices just beautifully. Result is that it's not as frightening as I thought it would be. Like the safety features for shut off as well.
great slicer!
After reading lots of reviews, I chose this slicer because there were no bad reviews about it although there were only two positive ones all together. It also looked like better quality than other gourmet models. I freeze uncooked meat overnight and slice it. I use it to slice meat paper thin for Japanese dishes such as SHABUSHABU and SUKIYAKI. I use it for Korean BBQ grill, too with slightly bigger thickness. The blade is so sharp that I won't need to buy a sharper one that can be purchased separately. I like the big round knob to adjust thickness. It's easy to see and turn. I like the on/off switch that is the plate you put your thumb on. I like the safety device, too. It's easy to clean, although no parts are dishwasher safe. I was thrilled when I saw Alton Brown using it on his GOOD EATS show. It must be good if he is using it!
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments :
Post a Comment