Exactly what I expected
Product:
I haven't got to use it yet BUT.. The bottom is very thick (as described), it feels sturdy, lid fits well, it makes a great 'gong' noise when empty.
I'll try to post some more meaningful feedback after I brew a couple batches.
Shipping:
I was worried due to a few other reviews (not just this specific product) talking about dings from shipping. I am very pleased to report that even though the box looks like it was drop kick from the truck to my door the pot is in perfect condition.
Update:
The bad...It appears that some black material (polishing compound?) shadowed every stamped shape inside of the pot. This stuff pretty time consuming to remove. I tried scrubbing with a wet rag, a heavy scrub brush, a tooth brush but eventually found the only way to get it out was to knock it free with a toothpick then scrub it away with a rag. After that I boiled 5 gal of water inside which seemed to clear out the remainder of whatever it was...
Decent brew pot
This stock pot was decent. Thinner walls than I expected, but I'm okay with it. The bottom was layered and my first brew went fine (no burning bottoms). I should have gotten the indent at the top instead of the bottom (they make it both ways).
Enjoy
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments :
Post a Comment