Fabulous
I have had my eye on this Braiser for months. I have other All Clad cookware but non with the copper core. In summary...it is "fabulous". It cooks evenly and retains heat to keep food warm. This is definitely a quality product that any discriminating cook will value.
Excellent
All clad cookware are the best I have ever cooked with. The copper core are a little more expensive but I find you get what you pay for and you can really tell the difference between quality cookware and the cheaper stuff.
Better choices for a top of the line pan.
We have an induction stove, and really enjoy fine cooking. We've tried to collect a sample of the "best of breed" for this stove top, and were eager to try All-Clad Copper Core, both for the presumed even heat properties, and for general performance. I'm sorry to say that while the pan is well made, the lid fit the base perfectly (with a fluid seal), and is beautifully finished, it doesn't stack up to the top of the line competition.
1. Even heat. At medium heat, we could establish hot spots (local boiling). In contrast, the Demeyere pans exhibit local boiling only under extreme conditions. We expect the copper core line was better behaved than the aluminum, but it is still not competitive with other good brands.
2. Sticking. Clearly a teflon (or competitive coating) works better. (There has been concern about Teflon; breakdown is primarily an effect of overheating the coating. However, many of the newer non-stick surfaces are supposed to be immune to high...
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments :
Post a Comment